Group 7 – Monoposto Racing Formula “70”
What We Race:
For all types of single-seat race cars, equipped with wings and slicks, from the late 60’s through 1997.
- Class A – Formula 5000 cars with monocoque chassis from 1971 to 1976, Formula 1 and Indy Cars and Formula II cars over 1600 cc
- Class B – Flat Bottom Formula Atlantic 1970-1979 and early 1600 cc Formula II
- Class C – Formula 5000 and Formula “A” up to and including cars raced before 12/31/70, Formula Super Vee & Formula C/Formula III cars up to 1979
- Class 7/CF – Club Ford (w/ slicks)
- Class FF – Formula Ford (w/slicks)
- Class F500
Car specifications can be found HERE
NOTE: You will need to click on the correct car then the specification tab.
NOTE: THESE CLASSIFICATIONS ARE BASED ON FULL REPRESENTATION OF ALL VSCDA ELIGIBLE CARS AND SUFFICIENT ENTRY TO CONSTITUTE A SEPARATE RACE GROUP FOR EACH. AS FIELDS WILL VARY FROM EVENT TO EVENT, SO MAY RACE GROUPS AND CLASSIFICATIONS.
VSCDA reserves the right to reject or reclassify specific vehicles and to combine groups for any given event. Group 5 cars are sometimes combined with Group 3 Sports Racing Cars. Group 7 cars are sometimes combined with the faster Group 4 cars. Slick racing tires allowed in Groups 5, 7 & 9 ONLY. Event Chairs will move individual cars to other groups if their speed is substantially faster than other cars in their assigned group.