Group 5 — FIA, WMC and Prototypes
What We Race:
These cars are closed-wheel, normally sports racers which are prepared to the standards which were used in the “series the car raced in.” Most of these cars have wings and down force and the tires are slicks.
- Class A – FIA, WMC over 2 liters
- Class B – FIA, WMC 2 liters and under
- Class C – Prototype cars over 2 liters
- Class D – Prototype cars 2 liters and under
- Class S2 – Sports 2000 (cars conforming to SRCC regulations for classes B and H)
NOTE: THESE CLASSIFICATIONS ARE BASED ON FULL REPRESENTATION OF ALL VSCDA ELIGIBLE CARS AND SUFFICIENT ENTRY TO CONSTITUTE A SEPARATE RACE GROUP FOR EACH. AS FIELDS WILL VARY FROM EVENT TO EVENT, SO MAY RACE GROUPS AND CLASSIFICATIONS.
VSCDA reserves the right to reject or reclassify specific vehicles and to combine groups for any given event. Group 5 cars are sometimes combined with Group 3 Sports Racing Cars. Group 7 cars are sometimes combined with the faster Group 4 cars. Slick racing tires allowed in Groups 5, 7 & 9 ONLY. Event Chairs will move individual cars to other groups if their speed is substantially faster than other cars in their assigned group.